Sunday, August 10, 2008

Some Questions

You know I heard some really awesome sermons today. But then I started to think. What about those people that cannot hear the awesome sermons? I have always been in these Dutch meccas so I have had solid, theological churches to go to. But, what about those people that are not in these meccas? Would you move to an area of the country even if you knew that you would not get fed spiritually in that area? It troubles my heart that some people will. Even in this very San Diego area there are people that are going to churches where they are not fed. The best church to go to could be 45 mins to an hour away and that troubles me. Do you just go to a church that does not fit your identity then? Do you just go to a close church just to say that you go to church?
We run into problems sometimes at churches. Hey, here is a joke for you. There was a rescue chopper that came to an island to rescue a man who had been stranded there for a long time. He was the only one on the island, but when the rescuers looked around they saw that there were three buildings there. So, they proceeded to ask the man what the three buildings were. The man pointed to the first building indicating that it was his house. He pointed to the second building and indicated that that was his church. He then pointed to the third building and indicated that that was the church that he used to belong to. Everyone, therefore, can run into problems with a church. I ran into problems when I was back in Illinois and left my original church. I, however, was lucky enough to find another church in the same town also preaching the good news of Jesus. Most people will not have this. Most people, through arguments and disagreements, will lose that true church identity. And I pray that those people may realize what is happening to them and they may go back to being spiritually fed the right way.

1 Comments:

At 13/8/08 10:15, Blogger Unknown said...

Hello Adam, that is what I am running into right now. Jeff and I are looking for churches and it is difficult to be discerning when you do not know the backgrounds, what they believe, and all the different questions you have, even if you research the church. It is a difficult and frustrating process, but God is holding on to us. Thank you for the insight.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home