Saturday, July 12, 2008

Christianity is a Joke?

Christianity is a Joke?
I do not want to go back in time to figure out how many times in my xangas I have actually either used "Christianity is a joke" as a title of a post or in some part of any of my posts, but I know that it is a lot. Do I really think that Christianity is a joke? Not at all. I consider it my work to further the truth of Christianity. Please do not take any of posts as me doubting Christianity, for this is not me. So what do I think today?
Christianity is a joke if you take it the way that some people do. Or maybe it is just church in general. Weekly church gatherings seem to build up for you right? I mean, if you go to church five weeks in a row is that enough that you can skip one week to go out fishing or just sleep in? You look around in church and say "hey, that person hasn't been in church for a few weeks, so I can afford to miss a week." Why are you thinking this way? Why does it matter what other people do? Don't you go to worship services to praise God? What is the focus for you? Do you go to church because you feel guilty? ?Maybe some is saying "your mother/ father really wants you to go to church" or "it would make your grandparents very happy if they saw you in church this week." But then aren't you really going just to please people? Do you think it really pleases God if you are going to church just to please other people?
And then this comment: Can any church really call themselves the "almost perfect" church? Is it actually possible? I once heard a comment from Jay Bakker (I understand that he is nowhere close to the type of thinking that I am supposed to support) that the church is for the sick people, not the healthy ones. Church is for those who realize that they are not good enough on their own. Yes, we are perfected in Christ, but no church can ever say that it is "almost perfect."

1 Comments:

At 6/10/08 12:55, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is probably safe to say that not one-third of the inhabitants of this world ever heard of the Bible, and not one- tenth ever read it. It is also safe to say that no two persons who ever read it agreed as to its meaning, and it is not likely that even one person has ever understood it. Nothing is more needed at the present time than an inspired translator. Then we shall need an inspired commentator, and the translation and the commentary should be written in an inspired universal language, incapable of change, and then the whole world should be inspired to understand this language precisely the same. Until these things are accomplished, all written revelations from God will fill the world with contending sects, contradictory creeds and opinions.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home