Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Time for Some Thinking

You know, at this point in my life I honestly thought things would be different than they are. I figured myself to be married with a few kids, but this is not what God had in mind for me. I figured that I would be making tons of money and have almost no debt. It is funny because this is how I would have pictured myself. There was a time in life where I did simply think about money and how rich I could be. Instead, however, I have a lot of debt with payments soon to be starting. I cannot say that I am actually happy about where I am, but you know, there are times where I will look back and be very happy. I just got done watching Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure and even a movie such as that can cause you to think deep. Here are these two guys who seem to be failures, but they are not failures. They become a great band in a few years, but now they seem hopeless. This can be our lives at times, but we get out of these times. Sure, I am in debt, but I know that there will be a time where I can look back and see how this has caused me to grow. God has greater things in mind for me. There is still someone out there for me, so this is my hope. I have many great strides to make in life still, apparently, so it is not my time to settle down. I have hope for this life because I know God has greater things in store for me than I can even ask or imagine. There was a time when I thought money drove life, but I realize that it doesn't. What drives my life is the idea that Christ has died for all my sins, so no matter how much I think life is screwed up I can be reminded that Christ paid for all that screw up. What really, do non-Christians have to look forward to? What they judge to be fun only lasts a short time, but the real "fun" is yet to come for all those who have been redeemed.

1 Comments:

At 24/7/08 22:23, Blogger Jeff and Beth Gutierrez said...

Well said, Brother.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home