Saturday, July 12, 2008

Woah

Okay, I have not added anything to this blog in a really long time. I am pretty sure that no one ever reads this anyways. Hey, I didn't even know that I had this blog. Anyways, life seems good. I am still at the seminary, but not going to school, just working for them. It is a job, I guess, but definitely not where I see myself down the road. I really hope to move on to bigger and better things. I am spending this weekend in Iowa, going to a wedding of two really great friends who now live on the other side of the country from me. It was great to see them and also a few more old friends that I wish I still had close. In fact, it is weird to just be back in Iowa. I also envision myself moving back to the midwest where life is much better for me. I cannot deal so much with the hustle and bustle of California with drivers who drive crazy and people who flip you off. That is just not life for me. I hope when I meet that special someone they will truly embrace the midwest and not mind living there for the rest of their life. I still find comfort in the fact that places like this still exist. Yes, I am yearning for something that I have never really had before, but it just seems like a much better life for me. It seems like people are closer here. It seems like you actually have neighbors that you can socialize with. Maybe it is just a pipe-dream for me, but maybe it is not. Maybe it just depends where you are in life as to how you feel about friendships. Included in my gmail chat messages lately has been "Adam needs to find more friends closer to Escondido." Maybe, however, that should read "Adam needs to find more friends where friendship actually matters" and is not just a part of life. They say that you can tell a man by the company he keeps. But, honestly, what if he keeps no company? What if he feels like a stranger in a strange world? That is where I am now. I have great friends, no denying that, but there are in another part of the US, away from me. Am I depressed or whining? By no means, just reflecting and realizing how much certain people mean in my life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home