Thursday, February 01, 2007

Justice, Again

You know, my thoughts come up once again. I was reading about the humanists again last night. I don't understand what doing the most good actually will do. What does doing good get you if there is no afterlife? People are wicked by nature and there has to be a prize at the end, right? So, are these people trying to stay on earth as long as possible to do good, even though they will not be remembered for it? What really does it mean? Doing good, I guess, can be seen as what is good for the most people. But, do we actually know what is good for the most people? In the humanist mindset, or the postmodern mindset, isn't "good" relative? I am utterly confused. If there is no afterlife there is no reason for life in the first place. I do not believe that good works will put you in heaven, but I still try to do what is good in the eyes of the Lord. I fail miserably, but I keep trying. As for the humanists, they say that they want to not discriminate against anyone, but they discriminate against Christians and all other religions with a central figure. That is the ultimate discrimination, I think.

1 Comments:

At 11/11/08 10:41, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well written article.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home