Monday, February 05, 2007

Famous

I think no one would be surprised to know that my favorite sport is baseball. But, what many do not realize is the reason that I like minor (or independent) league baseball more than the majors. You see, in an age where the Cubs can spend $300 million in an off season to bring in the best talent, I don't really care about talent. I care about the love of the game. Those guys out there making no more than $1000 a month have to be in it for the love of the game. I love the game of baseball, so I enjoy watching these guys. I don't care that much about being able to say that I met or got the autograph of that famous player. In the end does it really matter? Can saying that I have met this person really get me any further in life. Sure, saying that you know someone famous can get into that new trendy nightclub, but life is not a nightclub. In the end it does not matter if you know that famous person or if you simply know that next door neighbor. Everyone has a story to tell, and the most important story does not come through that famous person's autograph, but in the greatest book of all, the Bible. In the game of life knowing your next door neighbor and the famous player may be on different levels, but at the end of life neither of these will matter. That famous person's autograph may get you $1000 on ebay today, but tomorrow it may be just a cent. You see, in the end, that famous person becomes less famous and they are just like you and me. They are humans, not superhumans.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home