Saturday, January 10, 2009

Some of this is contained in the last post

I got to go on vacation the third week of December. Most people would think that that is not very much fun, but I got to go home, so it was a great time. While I was home I noticed that I had very few, if any, health problems. Therefore I have decided that all my health issues besides the first problem were just stress related. In a way I guess it is hard to avoid stress, but with someone such as me it is even harder because I really do not do much besides work and watch television. I found that a lot of the time when I was hanging out with people I had no health problems either, so it is just something that I guess I have to go through. I look forward to the day when I actually have a family, but that could possibly be more stressful. Oh well, I have to live in this day and not think so far into the future. Westminster's conference is coming up this Friday and Saturday and I am responsible for a lot of the web stuff surrounding this event. It will give me more work and it will actually give me a day off, also, which, even though I just started back to work, will be much appreciated. 
So, when I was back in Illinois it was pretty snowy, but I actually liked the snow. I only shoveled twice, but one of the times I actually shoveled more ice than snow and gave myself horrible blisters. Those have since gone away, so I am happy about that. I got to see my awesome nephew and adorable niece while I was home also. I had a great time overall and am sad that I couldn't stay. I guess, in a way, it was a good thing to get away because I really don't have that many friends in IL. Now, if we were talking about Iowa that would be a much different story, because I do have friends there to hang out with. I even hope that on day I can move there and have both Steve and Zach there also, but that almost seems like a huge longshot at the moment.
I got to Chicago on the 17th and left on the 27th. However, I didn't go both ways on planes. The ride back was actually on a train. It was a 43 hour long experience that I will probably never repeat. I did get to see with all the older people that couldn't make it up the stairs, since, somehow, I was able to get a ticket for lowel level seating, which I guess is more reserved than actually purchased. It was good to be a nice, quiet cabin for the trip though.
The reason that I had to come back so early was because Steve got married. I was an usher in this wedding, so I needed to be back by a certain date. Because of my desire to save money I took the train. Anyways, the wedding was awesome and I caused a few memories. One of these memories is actually captured on Facebook with me standing next to a waiter whose tray I actually knocked up in the air, but he caught the tray again. I can explain that story more in-depth if you really want it. So, after the wedding I got to hang out with some really cool people: Koop and Steph, Lana and Z and Kasey. It was fun to actually be able to hang out, since pretty much all the people I know right now are tied up in school work. We hung out in San Diego for a day, so that was pretty fun. It has been a week since the last of them left and I have been busy as ever.
Westminster will continue to keep me busy as long as I stay there, a blessing, but also, at times, a huge drawback, as there are many projects which I have simply dropped because I cannot handle them and the workload that gets put on me. 
Oh, by the way, I am not necessarily whining, but more contemplating.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home