Wednesday, March 25, 2009

An Update

I just noticed that it has been two months since I updated my blog. The last post that I had was regarding the loss of my grandfather. Therefore, that is where this one will pick up from.
I went back to Illinois for the funeral. I knew that the time would be coming, so I was kind of anticipating it. I think it was really good for my mom to have all her children back home. It is always hard to lose people in life, but if you are surrounded by people you love and who love you I think the pain is lessened. The time at home was good, but was sad based on the circumstances.
The pastor at New Life has started a new series on the book of Hebrews. Some of the sermons hit me really hard and they don't hit other people at all. It is amazing that that can actually happen. With the College and Career group at NL we are going through The PeaceMaker still and it is causing me to do a lot of thinking. Do I really have a list of people that I am utterly trying to avoid at all costs? I tend to think not, but there are always those people that we don't consider that we have hurt. I will try to think harder about this in the future. This past week we went through a chapter about confronting your brother. It is interesting to see reactions when you confront someone because a lot of time they become standoffish. This should not be the behavior we are to take, though. If I have done something wrong I want someone to tell me. However, I guess, most people are not like this and they think that you are personally attacking them if you want to resolve an issue. I think it is just human nature.
The last thing that really comes to mind is what all surrounds the death of my grandpa. I have to applaud my mother for maintaining her composure through this all. She has done most of the cleaning out of the house but really has nothing to show for it. One day the rest of my family showed up and pretty much took everything they wanted, no matter if it was actually on their lists or not. I am realizing that greed reigns supreme in this world. I got a set of pots out of the deal, but that was it. My dad went to repair the garage door the other day and couldn't do it because all the ladders and all the tools were gone. We learned how much my grandpa's car collection (5 cars from the 50's and 60's) was worth and I was quite shocked. However, not all the cars are allowed to be sold because one of my aunts wants two of the cars. Message to people reading this blog: Word your will strongly to avoid having greed reign supreme!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home