Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Why are so many people just comfortable with their faith? Does it not mean anything to see other people out there that need to understand? Why do we pass by people every day and just condemn them? We say stuff like "they are not good enough for our church." Oh, really!! Are you good enough for your own church then? You do understand that you still have a cloud of sin over you right? You do realize that you are not perfect, don't you? I guess maybe I just have a different perspective on things since I have been damned so many times by pastors or people that don't take a moment to look at me. Yes my dad is Catholic. Yes I was raised in the public school. Yes I still belong to the CRC. Am I damned to hell for all of these things? In some peoples' eyes I am, but you know, when the day is done, I can't control that my dad is Catholic, I can't control that I went to the public school, but I can control that I am in the CRC. Is the CRC becoming more liberal and more broadly evangelical? Of course they are, but denominations are human institutions, THEY ARE ALL FLAWED. I recognize the forgiveness that exists in God. No man is perfect save that of Jesus Christ. We all have problems in life. I don't believe that the church was created for the healthy people, but the sick. If we were healthy there would be no need for Jesus Christ. Then we get stuck in a funk of thinking that we cannot share God and Jesus Christ. We shut ourselves up into our little corners and never really act on it. Are we coming to the conclusion that the church should only exist in a little circle that we call our denominations? I sure hope not, but it looks that way.

How comfortable are you in your faith? Well, if you are comfortable, what would you do if someone walked up to you right now and asked you about it? What would you do? I find that so many people have no idea what they are doing. Some people I am actually scared to walk up to. It just seems like I walk up to some people and they really only care about God on Sundays. Only time that God is important is when they absolutely need him. Well, God doesn't turn his back on us even though we turn our back on him so many times. It is really sad. I wish that people did not do this. At what point did we end up stop caring about others and stop spreading the good news? At what point is it more important for us to be comfortable with our faith than to share it with others?

1 Comments:

At 22/6/06 20:28, Blogger JULIE said...

Hey Adam,
I didn't know that you had a blog. Most people don't know about mine, but it is always cool to find out that other people have one. How is the summer internship going?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home