Sunday, June 11, 2006

Old Emails

I was going back to old emails from my brother and reading the email compilation. It is amazing how off the wall some of the emails actually get. For instance, how is it possible to say that religion should have no part in government. Isn't religion a belief-system? What level headed person who is against abortion is going to go to Congress and vote for abortion? Your personal beliefs play into every decision that you make. Sure, we can't go as far as to say that one denomination is the only denomination that the US should have and arrest everyone that does not go to the church. But your belief-system fuels everything you do. We do live in a sinful world, but we recognize what is right and what is wrong.
And actually as I read more of the comments it is truly depressing what he says. I read a lot of stuff on post modernism this morning and everything just fits so perfectly in with that. "There is no supreme religion." "All religions are equal." He even says "in the end no one truly knows what is the correct religion." Do we not know what the supreme religion is? What is the right religion? I think I have dealt with similar issues in the past. My question to you is why is there more fighting between the URC and the CRC about who is right on things than there is with the Christian faith and false religions. Are we so wrapped up in ourselves that nothing else matters? I believe that the supreme religion is Christianity. But with all the backstage bickering that goes on inside of the Christian camps you would almost think that God singled out one denomination in the world and everyone else is damned to Hell. Why do we not present a better witness than we do? I mean, missionaries do an excellent job. But the people on the homefront are ridiculous. Why do we ridicule each others' theology instead of actually looking at the false religions?
Is there really evidence for Science? At what point can we just ignore the evidence? People have been ignoring the evidence for Christianity for a long time, even if it is arrived at through scientific means. Am I advocating science above religion? If you think so you better close this blog right now because you have no idea who I am. My brother said that with carbon dating scientists did investigations and then inferred equations. Can you actually infer stuff or do you have to believe in it first? What in the world am I saying, you ask. Well, I am saying that there are things in this world that you just take according to faith. You put your trust in something that you have never seen with your own eyes. Wouldn't this also involve God? We have never seen God but we put our trust that he actually exists. Why is this so hard to see? I don't really think that it is that hard to see.
He closes commenting that people should do good, not getting bogged down in whether it is in God's name or not. Well, faith without works is dead. Whatever good I do I do. I don't go out there proclaiming that God made me do it, but rather show my appreciation because God has caused me to live as long as I have. But, I do the good because God has caused me to regenerated so that I can see what should be done and do it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home